These are our favorite tools for building and growing a business. These are the ones that we use and love – we will only ever recommend resources here that we have used ourselves. We are going to keep adding to this page as we discover new Tools, Systems and Resources so make sure you check back often for updates!
Please note: some of the links on this page may earn affiliate income for SalonBusinessSecrets.com. You can read our full disclosure here.
Tools to Help You Build Your Client Base
To build your list of raving fans and new clients alike you will want to make sure you have the following:-
- A quality website
- An active social media presence and following
- A strong email list
We offer loads of advice on our blog pages to help you to build all the above and we will refer to some tools that we use to do this. Here is a handy list of those tools for your reference.
A quality website is key to helping you to grow whether you are brand new or you have been in business for years. Read this article for more detail on why your website is (still) so important.
You will need your own domain (like www.salonbusinesssecrets.com) and you will need some where to ‘host’ your website.
- We use Hostroute and have done for many years. We have always found them extremely reliable, helpful and efficient.
You have probably heard of WordPress maybe as a place to keep your blog. These days it is so much more than that and is now the #1 platform for building and publishing your website. There are loads of free and paid for templates to get you started really quickly and you can customise your theme as much as you need. This website is built on WordPress to give you an idea!
- WordPress: Downloads for the WordPress installation, templates and assistance
- Themify: Great Templates with loads of flexibility. They do cost a little bit of money, but offer so much more options than most FREE templates
- WooThemes: An alternative to Themify . . . we don’t use WooThemes at SalonBusinessSecrets.com, but we have used them before so we can recommend them
As simple as WordPress is to use, there will be times when you want to make a change or customisation that is not so easy to figure out. While you may be proficient with fiddling around with website, we recommend you stick to what you do best and call in some professional help. If needn’t cost a great deal of money and you can use one of these online services to get things done quickly and cheaply.